Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bank of Scotland pig advert  (Read 2122 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Bank of Scotland pig advert
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:22 am »
I was in the bank yesterday and saw one of their new adverts - it's a photo of a woman's legs in pink high heels, walking along a city street with a Saddleback weaner on a matching pink harness. That's gonna put some ideas in heads  ::)

robert waddell

Re: Bank of Scotland pig advert
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:03:43 am »
yes and not the right ideas
IT IS AGAINST THE PIG MOVEMENT LICENCE TO WALK A PIG          YOU HAVE TO GET SANCTION FROM DEFRA TO DO SO ALONG A PRE DESIGNATED ROUTE :farmer:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 09:05:06 am »
Fantastic!  I am hoping to have some saddleback x osb weaners ready for new homes just in time for christmas ...  ::)

(robert, I shall have to put together a 'new owner's pack', including how to get your usual shopping route approved as a pig walk route by Defra...)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:09:30 am »
 ::) ::) ::)
Sally - if you google 'defra guide to micro pigs' you'll get all the info about the walking licence.
Has to follow an approved route, can't be near livestock markets or fast food outlets and has to be renewed every year.
I do a 'piglet pack' that goes with all of mine (I have a meat version and a 'pet' version for the Kunes) and a bit of basic info and contacts for the relevant people in authority  ;)) Oh, you're joking  :-[ Bit early in the morning for me still  ::) :dunce: ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS