Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Proud mum/new goat pics/shows..  (Read 5883 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Proud mum/new goat pics/shows..
« on: August 15, 2011, 08:16:40 am »
Yesterday was our local goat club annual show and all 4 of my girls were able to 'borrow' a goat. My eldest showed Puffin who is our new addition, she will be coming to live with us in the Autumn once she is mated.  I have attached a picture of Milli grooming Puffin just prior to her winning the Child Handler round! She picked up 2 firsts, a third and 2 trophies yesterday - a very thrilled 9 year old girl  ;D  Her sisters did very well too and loved walking round the show ring, even 4 year old Scarlett who literally pranced round grinning (second pic is of my 6 and 4 year olds). Next year we will be able to take Puffin back - with her babies. Can't wait!

Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Proud mum/new goat pics/shows..
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 08:18:50 am »
well done,
 ;D :trophy: :trophy: ;D ;D
shows are so much fun
Mx

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 11:46:27 am »
Fab pics, you must be very proud  :)
Puffin is beaut, hope she is a good milker too ...
Little Blue

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 12:53:41 pm »
Excellent  ;D Love the very smart white coats on everyone  :)

PS where do you live, that it's so dry  :o

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 01:16:07 pm »
Worcestershire Jaykay - been very dry, too dry in fact.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:42:28 pm »
We're only 3-4 hours way from you then and have been drowned! Crazy isn't it?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:45:43 pm »
Mad! In fact I was just reading something on Facebook, posted by Farmers Weekly to show which area's in the UK are still in 'drought' and we are right there in dark red  ::)

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:55:07 pm »
Congratulations, I love to see children getting involved with animals, it looks as though you had a great day  ;D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 04:41:25 pm »
Thank you Skirza  :)  we had a wonderful day.   I can't believe the confidence boost it has given Milli, she is still buzzing.  I will be taking all the rosettes and trophies in for 'Pat on the back' assembly in the new school term - will make an interesting change from the dance and swimming medals that go in and will be lovely for all 4 girls to go up and show the school what they won - they worked hard for it!

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 04:58:50 pm »
My girls take their rosettes into school too and love showing the goats. Well done for your first show!

PS.: Around here everything is ankle deep in mud! No harvesting for over a week now...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 12:09:04 am »
Lovely pics!! 

Been dry here too, but I can hear the rain hitting the caravan roof as I Type, so that should help the grass grow.  Hope you get some rain soon.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 09:31:50 am »
Loads of combines and harvesting machines rolling about the village here, almost like they are manically trying to get it done before the inevitable. Of course, me being a muppet, has not cut any hay and will not have chance to now before the weekend - by then we will probably be flooded  ;)

maybelle

• Joined Sep 2010
  • worcestershire
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 10:17:42 am »
Well done!  :) Is that the first show your children have been to? Bet they had big smiles on their faces. Where was the show?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 03:09:25 pm »
It was in Hallow, Nr Worcester.  First one they've been involved in so yes they were very excited! we've been to Moreton show etc but never taken part (apart from selling soap!)

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 11:01:23 pm »
So glad to see your children taking part plums, we need more young families to become interested. I only hope some of my neices carry their interest on beyond their teens.

Beth

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS