Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 10 piglets nibbling in my hand :)  (Read 1555 times)

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
10 piglets nibbling in my hand :)
« on: August 13, 2011, 07:31:42 pm »
When we feed our sow we now give the piglets some meal mixed in with powder milk as the harrass the female and she gets stroppy and nudges then out of the way.  I somehow ended up with a hand full of meal and all 10 munching out of my hands :) they've got 2 bowls full of the milky/sloppy stuff but seem to prefer to munch out of the hands ...... lazy sods :)

All 10 are doing really well :) 1 small black one that we make sure gets more of the milk than the others.  They're starting to come up to us now but we still can't make to much fuss of them.  The pen is very muddy so we put loads of straw in the mud to absorb some of it until we can move her ark (tomorrow)

Got 2 pens in the pipeline ready for winter  :pig: 1 for the stud boar and castrate and the other one will be as a holding pen or emergency farrowing pen as it doesn't look like we'll have the block sty's up in time.  Oh well a plan for spring.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: 10 piglets nibbling in my hand :)
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 07:53:46 pm »
thats great, they'll soo tame up...
Aren't they fab?!

Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS