Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fruits wanted  (Read 2667 times)

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
Fruits wanted
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:52:18 pm »
I'm trying to make some jams and chutneys this year but we don't yet have our fruit trees in, and what veg/fruit we do have has already been used (new to this all so working on it).  i was wondering if anyone would be interested in selling me any of the fruit/veg that you might grow.  I'm willing to pay posting etc.  Particularly looking for apples, pears, damson, sloes and quince although would consider anything else.  i realise that the season is only away to start and so you may not know yet what you'll get but if you could bear me in mind I would be very grateful.  Tesco only sells limited stock and they are mostly tasteless.  Thanks as usual.
Melanie x

shearling

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Fruits wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:54:37 pm »
Somerset far to far   ;D ;D ;D

shearling

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:55:38 pm »
Would love to share reciepts
Somerset far to far   ;D ;D ;D

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 07:32:14 am »
I'm in North Fife and can't remember where you are so no idea if it's close enough ??? but I will be selling plums and cooking apples once I've enough to make my chutney and I was just going to put up a sign by the road and take some to Tayport carboot sale but you're welcome to come and pick your own if you're close enough as it'll save me the collection.

There are a few damsons (I got 7 last year for the first crop and it may be 20 by now!) and a tree full of crab apples I have no particular use for at present tho I reckon I need to find one as wasting them would be a shame.
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:22:33 am »
Ellied,  I am in Forfar so just over the water from you and that sounds like a great idea.  PM me when would be best for you (not even sure whats all in season yet) and we can arrange a trip over the bridge.  Many thanks.
Melanie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS