Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Reliable stable company  (Read 2610 times)

monkeysox

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Colchester, Essex
Reliable stable company
« on: August 11, 2011, 03:05:55 pm »
I am looking to purchase 2 12x12 timber stables as soon as possible and have been looking on ebay - there does appear to be some really good deals at the moment but I wondered if anyone knew of any good companies. I am on a very tight budget so nothing fancy sadly!

:horse: :horse:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Reliable stable company
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 03:10:12 pm »
Most are sort of regional, what region are you in?

eg I used Saltire for our mini barn stables, they were very good. One thing I liked (having lost £000s by a fraudster running an agric barn company) was that they only asked for 25% up front, the rest wasnt due until the whole thing was complete. This gave me confidence and also a company that does that is clearly not anticipating massive moans meaning customers disputing on 75% of the money. But they are based in Fife, Scotland, which might be hundreds of miles away.

monkeysox

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Colchester, Essex
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 03:28:16 pm »
Sadly yes - we are in Essex right down south. But thank you anyway -  i will have a bit of a google search locally then.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 04:29:21 pm »
You could see if you can spot any nice newishsimilar ones around your area and then contact the householder and ask them about their experience.

There are some national companies too - national stables, the Stable Company, Chart stables etc. They should all be able to provide references from satisfied clients. Saltire had people contacting us (tho we hadnt actually agreed to that but we didnt mind), we even had the dad of a Paralympian come and have a look at the stables and we could tell them how the process went.

waterhouse

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 11:43:52 pm »
We used National last year for an awkward site and were happy.  They are in Kent but so are most of the ones who advertise in horse and hound

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS