Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: GEESE  (Read 3164 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
GEESE
« on: February 16, 2009, 04:06:37 pm »
A question for someone else not me.  I made contact with a lady who has a lame goose.  She had been to a vet and was told there was nothing wrong with it.  I had a quick look on Google and found a waterbird website in UK that said that if a Goose is LIGHT or LAME worm it with Levamisole.  She read the link that I found, and went to the vet and bought the wormer.  She is now incredibly worried because the vet has told her to use the wormer for three days and the website said one dose.  This is a serious problem for her, and I told her I would see what I could find out.  Her email to me is below.

ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

Kate  :)

He's given me a bottle of Biaminthic 5% which is Levamisole.  He told me to give 2.5ml + 2.5ml water for three days.   Yet, Ashton's say 1.0ml + 1.0ml water (their Levamisole is 7.5%) and they do not mention dosing for more than one day.

I've tried contacting Ashton's but with no luck and when I googled Levamisole all that seemed to come up is its use in treating cancer!

I'll give Limpy (as she is now known) her first dose tomorrow and see how that works - I won't do it today as she is currently in a huddle with the other geese and I'd rather, definitely rather, try it when she's on her own and quiet.

I'm sure my vet knows what he's talking about but I'd hate to give her too much and have her even worse off or possibly dead.
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: GEESE
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 09:12:11 pm »
I had a quick (I say quick,google translation is taking an age at the mo) look around at a few other forums,and lots of people use Biaminthic here in France for various birds. Usually a dosage of 0.5ml per kilo of bird,diluted 50/50. I'm guessing your friends' goose is quite large,and so the vet has suggested the dosage be spread over a few days rather than all at once. Forums also suggest a second dose 2 weeks after the first. Hope this helps........ Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS