Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: heptavac p  (Read 4170 times)

Advertisement

princesspiggy

heptavac p
« on: August 05, 2011, 04:24:54 pm »
sorry for repeating a similar post, (i just can find it)
i got my heptavac p for my sheep (having never vaccinated before)
i know its not licensed for goats but are they supposd to be jabbed aswell... if so what dose??
many thanks

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: heptavac p
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:39:38 pm »
Yes they should be done.... same dose 2ml for the 1st one  & then a 2nd dose approx 4 weeks later.   Goats should be done every 6mths to ensure maximum protection.

Interestingly, Heptavac P is the only vaccine that can be given in the case of a trauma to ward off pasteurella.

If a goat has a shock for whatever reason... injury, serious illness, bad journey etc  you can give a double dose and this will usually save your goat's life.

princesspiggy

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:41 pm »
and its fine to record that in ur meds book ...as its not licensed for goats?
thanx :farmer:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 09:00:21 pm »
and its fine to record that in ur meds book ...as its not licensed for goats?
thanx :farmer:
I hadn't thought of that  :-\  although my vet drew the last lot up for me and soon after trading standards made one of their visits and upon looking at my medicine book didn't bat an eyelid.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »
Medicines & Vaccines can be administered under 'the cascade system',  i.e the most appropriate medicine/vaccine available.   There are very few things licenced for use in goats.

princesspiggy

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »
well, they are done now, the goats cried like babies but the sheep were sooo brave...lol
thankyou xx  :farmer: :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 08:48:09 am »
We have to inject Reggie first because he just stands there waiting for his biscuit reward like a brave boy but savannah, she screeches like a dinosaur and runs round the field doing cartwheels after.. ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS