Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Allo Allo  (Read 7017 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Allo Allo
« on: January 19, 2008, 11:33:14 pm »
Evening all. First post here so thought I'd say hi and introduce myself.
Currently living in Kingston upon Thames with my partner,but we have just bought a modest property with a bit of land in Normandy,25 minutes drive from Avranches and 15 minutes to Mortain. We have spent the last 3 months planning veg plots,dividing up the land,types of fencing,tiles for the bathroom......... the list is endless and trying to source everything is a nightmare,but still enjoyable in a "screamingly nervous,ride of a lifetime" sort of way.
I'm an ex-bodyguard and mercenary and my partner is in sales for a rather large multinational machinery company. At the age of 37,after travelling the world and living out of suit cases and bergens for the past 20 years,I thought it time to retire and go "self-sufficient",start hugging trees and getting in tune with the cockerel and owl. My partner is still contracted for another year and so will be staying in the Uk and working,popping over as often as possible. So essentially I'll be moving out there alone (dog and cat in tow) to start the renovation work and get the land up and running.
Expect a few posts entitled "Help..... I haven't a clue what I'm doing"......... and if I can offer any advice in my areas of expertise I shall. I look forward to meeting you all in time (virtually)........ Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Allo Allo
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 09:34:51 am »
Hi and welcome to the TAS forums.

Don't know if you ever did tracking in your line of work - if so you might want to see if you can help find Mrs DeVere!

Look forward to following your progress in France.

Rosemary

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 12:56:46 pm »
Hello  :)

I just joined too, I'm just embarking on keeping of pigs & renovating a ruin with my husband Matt, I'm sure you'll love it & your pets too!
Take Care, Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2008, 06:46:23 pm »
Welcome.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008, 09:43:26 pm »
Hi Ree

We live right in the middle of the triangle between Brecey, Avranches and Villedieu - please be very welcome to visit us at our smallholding when you are next in town. Bring your wellies though - you must have read about the mud here!

My OH will be glad to help you with any advice re your renovation so please be free to email.

Welcome to the forum - you will love it!

Kate

Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008, 12:06:54 am »
Thank you all......... and Kate..... think I might be paying you and your OH a visit in the next couple of months with a view to some stock!!!
regards.......... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2008, 09:21:40 am »
Be very welcome Ree!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 09:45:08 am »
hey and welcome to the forums!  :)

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2008, 10:59:10 pm »
Hi and welcome from me to   :)

Pebbles

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Central Scotland
    • Ardunan Farm
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 10:18:35 am »
Hi an welcome from me too.

We have a friend who is currently goodness-knows-where doing your old line of work. A tough, lonely way of life - he envies us with our sheep and pigs!

Good luck with all of your plans. Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Best wishes

Pebbles

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS