Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted:East Northants,Northants,Cambs,Turkey Poults!  (Read 2877 times)

Mel

Wanted:East Northants,Northants,Cambs,Turkey Poults!
« on: August 02, 2011, 06:20:23 pm »
Hi,

Can anyone or does anyone have any Turkey Poults available,I went to Melton Mowbray today and they were of inferior calibre and I do not wish to risk buying low standard birds!

Melx

chickenfeed

Re: Wanted:East Northants,Northants,Cambs,Turkey Poults!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »
sounds about the same as last weeks birds at melton they looked .......................poor quality too  ::)

Mel

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:06:47 pm »
I have to say,I have bought from there before and was lucky! Today,well,I wish the RSPCA were there,I noticed two blind Geese,two chickens with eyes poked out,worms in poop,scaly leg,mites,foamy eyes and the majority were in the most horrendous condition,beaked and looking like they would not make it out the door >:(  So I came away empty handed from the fur and feather.

I find it difficult to see them in so much trauma,most of the birds had been literally thrown in and left with no water,I went around filling them up for them-and you could see they were really grateful~the birds that was,not the sellers!

chickenfeed

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 09:32:15 pm »
as a rule the rspca are always on hand, the water should be filled by the seller melton do provide a watering can and taps to do this. the trouble is prices usually go up in the school holidays so any bird that has breath left init finds its way into the pen sad but true.

not been for a while but the poultry auction at mildenhall (eagle fdabian's) could be worth a look i think it on wednesdays.

chickenfeed

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 09:35:18 pm »
take a look at this................

http://www.fabianeagle.co.uk/

Mel

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 10:07:43 am »
take a look at this................

http://www.fabianeagle.co.uk/
Thanks Chickenfeed!

I am going to try this auction!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS