Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Silkie hens free to good home - North Fife  (Read 2227 times)

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
Silkie hens free to good home - North Fife
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:14:48 am »
4 silkie hens, all free to a good home. 3 white, 1 partridge. Just got these at the weekend to mix with my existing flock of ex-bats and introductions have not gone well. They are being picked on relentelessly and are thoroughly miserable. I know with hindsight, I should have kept them in quarantine before putting them together but went in gung-ho without reading up about it first and now have my tail between my legs. I have nowhere else I can house them and I am fearful of their well being if things carry on as they are. It has been 4 days and there has been no improvement in hospitality. I picked them up from someone on another forum, as they had been allowed to breed and numbers have gotten out of control. I have to say they are not in the best condition and could with some TLC. They are very scared and have scaly leg mite. I have some spray on order to treat this, which you can also take if you don't have any. I was told they are about a year old.

It-needed-a-home

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
  • Zeus (our saxony duck)
Re: Silkie hens free to good home - North Fife
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:07:59 pm »
I would love some silkies am in aberdeen tho can you meet me ?? Cheers email is best ba1nz3r@hotmail.co.uk
Well i have cut back and i still have to many !!!! Oh well just as well i love them !!

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Silkie hens free to good home - North Fife
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 01:20:22 pm »
Home already found i'm afraid, even quicker response than yours! I can give you the contact details of the person I got them from them though, i'm sure she won't mind as there are loads she needs to get rid of. They are near Dollar.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS