Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Valentines Day in Smallholder Land  (Read 2519 times)

Lubob

Valentines Day in Smallholder Land
« on: February 14, 2009, 10:16:20 pm »
Well, we finally went this morning to collect the new additions (Black Rock's  :chook:).  I am a typical female and can't follow directions and got lost yes, even with the sat nav! However, we did eventually find Peter Siddons place, when we got there he said there was a bit of a problem and he didn't have anyone to catch the hens so they weren't ready; would it be ok for us to get them ourselves?  So off we went and did the 'Laurel and Hardie' act and caught our new hens.  We headed home with our brood ..... a blue flashing light in my rear view mirror, surely not for us? Oh yes, I pulled over and the ever so nice police officer asked us if we had been in Drum, well we had been because of my 'female sense of direction'; would you believe someone had taken our number plate and description of the car and reported us as suspiciously casing the area!!!  Not only that they couldn't find our car as being registered - we have had it for at least 5 years!!!  I think the fact that we were covered in chicken @%!* was a dead giveaway that we really had been lost and were on the hunt for the hens, and would you believe it - they did eventually find our car on the system!  What a romantic Valentines Day! :bouquet:

sandy

Re: Valentines Day in Smallholder Land
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:23:34 pm »
I gave my Black Rocks some Jam Butties for Valentines treat, they usualy have pasta for a treat, then I noticed loads of other birds pinching the remains and thought, I wounder if they communicate with each other.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Valentines Day in Smallholder Land
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 08:45:42 am »
that is soooo funny, sorry for laughting at you,
At least you no that people out there are looking out for other people lol (or maybe just noisy beggers)

glad you got your chicks

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS