Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Vegetable seeds  (Read 3405 times)

HappyHippy

Vegetable seeds
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:07:42 pm »
Hi,
I found this website
http://www.realseeds.co.uk/index.html
The varieties they sell are not F1 hybrids, so you can collect the seeds and store for the following year.
They also give quite comprehensive instructions for how to collect, dry & store seeds.
Thought it might be usefull  :D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: Vegetable seeds
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 05:14:12 pm »
looks good

I have tons and tons of seed  here so am not allowed to buy any more
am trying to uses these up and findout if they are viable etc (i got given lots of seed for job of making/maintainning a website for someone)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:16:03 pm by Fluffywelshsheep »

araminta

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:32:05 pm »
I ordered quite a few different things from them last year and was really pleased with results.  One of the best was sweetcorn - Double standard bicolour, also long de mezieres leeks and golden sweet mange-tout peas.  In fact I'm going to go on their website now and order some more stuff!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:40:25 pm »
My kind of company! I used to be with the Seed Library until recently but found £ 35 membership fee a bit steep for  a few packets of seed. I rather support something local & the Magazine was all about HRH here and there...Has anyone seen the Kokopelli Catalogue? They have lovely rare varieties but it's by membership, I think. :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS