Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: We have PIGLETS **updated pics**  (Read 8802 times)

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
We have PIGLETS **updated pics**
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:24:08 pm »
Went over there today and she didn't come out for her food ... got my interest up lol i went over there with her food and she still didn't come out.  Went into the other side of her pen and i see a piglet !!!! We can see 5 spotty ones and between 3 and 5 black ones :) can't see to the back on the ark as she is very protective and won't come out (brilliant)

Not the best of photos or video but we didn't want to stress her out.  The piglets are up and about and venturing out of the ark a lil bit  ;D

I've got another vid clip that is uploading to photobuck as i type :) as soon as it's finished i'll add it
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 07:02:06 pm by welshlass181 »

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
Re: We have PIGLETS !!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:42:33 pm »

Olly398

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Herts
    • Brixton's Bounty
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:48:14 pm »
Yay! They aere lovely, congrats  :pig:  :)
also blogging at...

Brixton's Bounty

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 07:49:01 pm »
cool, about time, the suspense was doing me in, good litter too.! congratulations!

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 07:50:17 pm »
Congratulations  :bouquet:
You've beaten my Minnie to it  :D

They look soooo cute - the wee ginger spotted one could be a twin of my wee Harry.  Make sure she's got plentiful supply of fresh water at all times - one of mine keeps tipping her's over (& it's in a tyre  ::) ) to make a wallow, then screams her head off waiting for a refill only to guzzle it down like she's not had any for days - then as soon as I move the hose-pipe away she tips her bucket over again  ::)

:love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 07:55:03 pm »
She has a wallow already dug in and full of water at the very other end of her pen and she has 2 large buckets of water  The piglets came out a teeny tiny bit and then mum grunted and they went trotting back.  There is a min of 8 in there :) 5 spotty and 3 black but there might be 5 black ones lol we can't tell yet as she is still very protective.  We'll leave them until they came out

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »
She has a wallow already dug in and full of water at the very other end of her pen and she has 2 large buckets of water  The piglets came out a teeny tiny bit and then mum grunted and they went trotting back.  There is a min of 8 in there :) 5 spotty and 3 black but there might be 5 black ones lol we can't tell yet as she is still very protective.  We'll leave them until they came out

You're certainly more organised than I am  ;)

That's a big litter for a first-timer - definately worth the wait  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:01:21 pm »
Many many congratulations, about bloomin' time mrs!! ;D
They look sooo cute!
bestest oink oinks all round
Mandy  :pig: :pig:

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »
Thank you :) we had 2 pens that were seperate and they both had wallows dug into them.  The wallow isn't watery per sey but very muddy and nice for her to wade into. 

She was feeding them when we left so fingers crossed she'll keep up the good work.  She is VERY protective so that is a positive :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 08:21:47 pm »
congratulations!
we have just three (perfect number for us!) born yesterday....
Little Blue

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 08:29:27 pm »
congratulations!
Congratz to you x

Not 100% sure how many she has but it is defo a minimum of 8 :) not going to stress her out so we'll just wait until they come outside

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 08:30:15 pm »
congratulations!

Congrats LB  :bouquet:

Let's hope my Minnie pops tomorrow - that'll make 3 in a row  ;) ;D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »
thanks, just posted photos :D
Little Blue

Tiva Diva

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Scottish Borders
    • Thornielee Cottage
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 08:51:02 pm »
Great news! Congratulations to you and Mama Kune! I'm still waiting for our OSB Mabel; her half-sister Flossie farrowed on Monday. The piglets look lovely & well worth waiting for :-)

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 08:54:07 pm »
Only got a short glimpse of them in the flesh :) just have to wait now until the venture out  ;D mum is very good and she was laying down to feed them as we left.  She was grunting and telling them off when they went outside.  Really pleased with her and very proud x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS