Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pair of Geese free to a good home  (Read 4627 times)

crispin70

• Joined Jun 2011
Pair of Geese free to a good home
« on: July 22, 2011, 09:30:33 pm »
We have a pair of female geese to give away. They are two years old, both lay eggs for the full period of Feb to June and are very good natured. Hatched and raised here they are lovely, healthy birds. One is a Toulouse and one is pure white, of uncertain breed! We are in N.E Fife, 4 miles north of Cupar.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Pair of Geese free to a good home
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 12:20:42 am »
This week  I was offered a gander, whose mate had died. I refused as I have no geese.  Unfortunately you are a few hundred miles away!!

It-needed-a-home

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
  • Zeus (our saxony duck)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 06:10:30 pm »
 I would take them easily but would you meet half way ?? Am in aberdeen ?

Thanks

Email is better for me ba1nz3r@hotmail.co.uk
Well i have cut back and i still have to many !!!! Oh well just as well i love them !!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 09:30:20 pm »
Hi have pm ed you about the geese cheers
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

It-needed-a-home

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
  • Zeus (our saxony duck)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 10:36:07 am »
Did yoy do it through here or email ?? Not got anything ?  Email is ba1nz3r@ hotmail.co.uk
Well i have cut back and i still have to many !!!! Oh well just as well i love them !!

crispin70

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:58:38 pm »
Found a good home for the geese, thanks for looking!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 05:50:44 pm »
Geese settled in very well the girls are over the moon and thank you very much cheers Crispin.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

princesspiggy

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:26:39 pm »
Geese settled in very well the girls are over the moon and thank you very much cheers Crispin.

you lucky thing, i love geese, sadly no spare pond. have fun!  :wave:

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »
I thought we couldnt have them without a pond but took  some on as they needed a home and our geese manage very well with just lots of water troughs and seem very happy and are brillantly white and clean, and despite being told they only mate on water, the surprise arrival of Goggle the gosling a few weeks back put paid to that idea :-))).

Ours arent clipped and have shown they can fly off over the fence but after doing that once in their first week they flew back in and have set up home here ever since, even tho there is a loch nearby and geese fly over regularly.I've concluded more important than a pond for them is lots and lots of lovely short turf for them to rule over and leave their two tone pipecleaner poops on :-))))

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 10:10:49 pm »
I was also told when i got my first lot of geese that they will only mate on water,what aload of rubbish! mine have access to a very large pond but they choose to mate in the field in full view of my kitchen window!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 12:01:59 am »
That's interesting. I've never seen ours doing it on land, but apparently they do sometimes use the water bucket in their shed!!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS