Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: young billy  (Read 2315 times)

princesspiggy

young billy
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:39:17 am »
wev got the chance of a year old entire billy and the only way of getting him home is via back of our car. as its not yet breeding season, is he likely to stink so bad that itl never wash out of car? its about 4 hr journey. we would have rubber matting and shavings down for him.

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
Re: young billy
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 08:51:14 am »
He will probably not be too bad.. especially if he has never been used for stud.

Cover all the car interior fabric that he can touch with polythene sheeting... that will prevent smell being transferred!!  Put the rubber matting on the floor area.. this well hold the polythene in place as well.

It is quite legal to transport this way for 'hobby breeders',  because when you get home, stripping out all the covering constitutes 'cleansing the vehicle'.

fifixx

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Shillingstone, Dorset
    • Bere Marsh Farm
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 09:48:03 am »
But is 4 hours OK - I thought the 40 mile rule applied?

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:07:29 am »
iv got 8 hr licence but trailers off the road.

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:50:17 pm »
 THERE IS A DEROGATION FOR HOBBY BREEDERS....... WHICH MAKES THE MILEAGE RESTRICTION NULL & VOID SO LONG AS THERE IS 1 ANIMAL PER PERSON IN THE VEHICLE.

I know it is crackers but then so is most Government rulings.   But this is factually correct.   Somewhere I have got a copy of the derogation.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS