Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: County Shows  (Read 6682 times)

Norfolk Newby

• Joined Aug 2009
  • West Norfolk, UK
Re: County Shows
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2011, 09:16:55 am »
I can see there are different points of view on this topic!

I think I would be more interested in the Norfolk show if it included more that was relevant to me.

There are lots of things for the general public like cars, clothes, food and displays (army motorcyclists etc.).

There are lots of things for the big farmer, great big tractors and kit to use with them. But there is very little for the smallholder like little tractors, hand tools, stuff for small herds of animals.

What I (we?) need is a good smallholder show, or perhaps several regional ones. Are there any such shows at present?
Novice - growing fruit, trees and weeds

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2011, 09:45:01 am »
There is a very good smallholder show in the spring at Builth Wells showground every year, totaly dedicated to smallholders, equipment, animals etc it's got the lot.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2011, 10:13:07 am »
Most of the big county shows offer a discount if you order tickets on-line before the event. As you will have seen we do quite a few one day local shows (see introduce section hello in Yorkshire) on average it costs us between £4 - £10 to enter our pigs and we get two exhibitors tickets free but on top of this there is the diesel cost >:(. But shows are a great day out and as somebody already mentioned we take flasks, pop & a picnic so costs are generally limited to an ice-cream. Unless i see someting i fancy on a stall (usually coats! ;D).
On the other hand we recently attended Newark & Notts show and for the 2 days i reckoned it cost for me and my niece  approx £240 in diesel, pen fees, staying over & eating etc and we didn't win any prize money so showing at the big shows is not a cheap venture for exhibitors either.
Mandy  :pig:
Ps Hatty we have family on my dad's side who farm near SykeHouse small world

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS