Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What does everyone.....  (Read 19368 times)

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
Re: What does everyone.....
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2009, 05:12:19 pm »
just seen this
i have followed you all avidly and am still in awe of some of your efforts, especialy russ.Also best wishes to my piggy friends in france, and to fluffywelshsheep.

Thank you Carl
i must admite i am 28 and had no idea who Goldie was but i do know who 'goldie looking chain' is lol, They came out of newport,south wales that same time i did !!!!(i moved up here). but as far as i am understand they move from pile (rough as F**k to Goldtops just like the milk!!!) lol
Linz
* Fluffywelshsheep just spend the day recyclng old jumpper for wool for knitting and now has wool bit sticking to her

carole h

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2009, 06:40:04 pm »
I'm currently a full time teacher ... but have taken the brave step of handing my notice in .....eeeek! I will be unemployed at the end of August (can't wait!). My OH was made redundant last October and, despite a big mortgage and two kids at Uni, we have decided it is the prompt we needed to change our lifestyle for the better... scary but exciting!
We have one and a half acres, 16 chickens and grow lots of fruit and veg. We are using these next few months to sort the finances out (it's amazing what you don't actually need to spend!) and todecide on the next "next step".
Carole

sandy

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2009, 07:05:10 pm »
Wow that is a brave step, maybe a bit of supply teaching to subsidise your income eventually or possibly some private tuition. Me and my partner were on good to reasonable wages and hardly had a mortgage at all, then we packed it all in and moved to a higher mortgage and for a while just managed on the B&B but we need one good wage in order to maintain the house etc. We both live very frugally and are OK about it but sometimes you could do with a pot of money for repairs and emergencies and sometimes the odd treat. Good luck anyway

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2009, 07:11:26 pm »
weelllll  !  I am an 'anaesthetic and recovery' nurse  which means I am at the beck and call of the anaesthetists.... and then my patients. Sort of explains why it is soooo good to get home, don the wellies  (ahem, I have half a dozen pairs) and dash out to the horses, sheep chickens and dogs. It is fab just to think my own thoughts and be in my own space!.

A few moons ago...I used to be a stained glass artist. I owned a studio in Alloa (Aurora Glass) and did loads of windows for houses churches and businesses throughout Scotland.... that was the old life....now I am happy grubbing about here in the mud.  

My OH is a lecturer in Marketing and International Business at both Sirling uni, and Aberdeen Uni, he also does freelance stuff. Spends a lot of his day on the computer in his 'porta-potty' in the back garden - at least he has a fab view from there.

Cheers Emma aka Pikilily
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »
Hey, Emma, was your studio at Cooperage Way?

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 11:16:46 am »
My work was horses, breaking schooling then onto stud work. Never thought of it as a job more as a way of life. I gave up riding about 7 years ago due to a back problem and started breeding Shetlands which I loved. Sadley gave up the breeding last year, I had lost my job and health problems. My horse  has been out on loan for a while now but is getting on in years so I expect she will be home in the near future to retire. All through life when things have happened i have picked myself up and thought of what now, so now we have chickens, veg plot, the pollytunnel, still three Shetlands to break to drive when they are of age, weaners due in April and a way of life that I love to bits. My job now is only if and when needed being a domestic at the local hospital but I enjoy that and the rest of the time I am just too busy to be bored.  :)

Guy

• Joined Feb 2008
  • East Devon
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 05:22:15 pm »
Well , as with most other people our "real work" is less than exciting ,
Linda works in a solicitors - she runs the Home information packs area - although for how long we dont know :-\
i work for everyones favourite retailer!!!!!!!!! ;D  yes the "T" word , am a stock control manager ( dont blame me for everything) and no - i do not know hugh f-w !!!!
but it pays the bills and lets us do what we want at home ;D
relax and enjoy life - let others do the worrying

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2009, 07:13:07 pm »
Hi rosemary...no the Studio was in Broad Street in Alloa.  from 1985 until 1993, that was when we moved up here to Kirkinch
Emma
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2009, 08:40:05 pm »
Hi Emma - you wouldn't recognise Broad Street now. The new Alloa Academy has been built down there - opens on 23rd Feb- an dall the old trees have been replced and it's been landscaped. Looks fab.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS