Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: fife only- hatching eggs need broody hen or incubator  (Read 1926 times)

knittedbear

• Joined Aug 2010
  • fife
fife only- hatching eggs need broody hen or incubator
« on: July 13, 2011, 01:07:07 pm »
 I have 6 hatching eggs that require a broody hen or incubator space.  It seems a shame to waste them.  Obviously this needs to be as soon as possible .

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
Re: fife only- hatching eggs need broody hen or incubator
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 03:46:12 pm »
My incubator has just become empty - might have the usual location issue however! (Dunfermline)  :wave:

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:53:17 pm »
wish i could  ::) but i have neither just now, incubator went t**s up on one of dad's friends who was hatching some pheasants and my broody hens just decided to upstakes and move o before the due date

geebee

• Joined Aug 2010
  • N,E.Fife
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:05:05 am »
what a shame, one of mine went broody at the beginning of June but I was away for 2 weeks and couldn't be sure which eggs were from wich hens or how long any of them had been under her so had to discard all and keep turfing her out of the box. She's just gone back to 'normal' the last few days. I'm just a couple of miles along the road too. If I can help another time let me know

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS