Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Where to place an incubator ?  (Read 2368 times)

aaronsundin

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Aberdeenshire , Scotland
Where to place an incubator ?
« on: July 12, 2011, 06:32:52 pm »
I have just borrowed a fan forced incubator from a friend and have 6 hatching eggs ready to go in tomorrow . Where is a good place to put the incubator ? I understand it needs to be out of direct sunlight and in a place with a steady ambient temperature . Is it ok to place it in a quiet out building, Or does it need to be in the house ? Also we have 4 boisterous dalmatians and i'm wondering if noise from the dogs will have any effect of developing chicks ? Any advise will be very much appreciated - this is my first time attempting to hatch useing and incubator. Thanks.

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: Where to place an incubator ?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 06:43:24 pm »
I keep mine in the utility room. The temp is steady and the heaters on the incubator dont go mad keeping the temp up as they would in an outbuilding. If the eggs are to go in tomorrow set the incubator up now to get the humidity and temp right and leave it running till tomorrow, that way it will be perfect to receive the eggs.

Eggs, Chicks & Hens

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:14 pm »
Had mine in the shed & in the house, no differance really, depends how noisy it is, drives you mad after a while

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:38 pm »
True about the noise, one of  mine is like an iron lung.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS