Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Just thought I would share some pics!  (Read 2265 times)

Mel

Just thought I would share some pics!
« on: July 11, 2011, 12:57:43 am »
 :)

I have had a good year with breeding ducks,sixty in all and it is mad around here :D these are all mixed. originally,the eggs are from Aylesbury's,Khaki Campbell's,miniature Khaki Campbell x's, and maybe even the odd muscovy with drake runner,campbell and aylesbury .What a mix!(my first time)

By the way,yes I am selling them if anybody's wishes for any! These are absolutely gorgeous and in incredibly healthy. :&>

Mel

Re: Just thought I would share some pics!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 01:03:22 am »
and a few more :D

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:26:54 pm »
lovely  :&> s   :D
Little Blue

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »
That pond is duck heaven.  Do you have a lot of land to have such a bid pond?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »
They are Lucky Ducksand lovelynot forgetting the :chook:

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 09:46:19 pm »
Yes, lovely ducks and superb duck pond  :o :o lucky lucky ducky  :&> :&>
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Mel

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »
Thanks so much for your kind comments ;D
I have always been advised it is a one acre paddock but is actually quite a bit larger,the pond itself is natural and is fed by underwater spring,not as large as some but still over 40ft diameter and 9ft deep in the middle!

I have to say it is really a joy to watch the ducks diving under the water,splashing their wings though actually looks quite small when they are all on it.I have my own flock of two Geese,two khaki Campbells,one khaki miniature,three Aylesbury and one runner duck but have decided to keep a couple ~or so of the new ones-they are just so gorgeous ;D.

They are all going to Melton as have had problems selling them privately,strange that, ??? they tend to sell for up to £45.00 a trio there but my reserves shall be only £20.00 per trio,I think that is very reasonable for perfectly healthy,chatty,wormed ducks!

As I said,this is my first year with breeding ducks and had 60 survive out of a possible 72 so I don't think that was too bad.I have learned ever so much just from watching them..I put the hose pipe on and spray them,they put their heads back and  brace themselves and face the spray of water,it's ever so funny as they adore it :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS