Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: BT Goatling for sale - Scottish Borders  (Read 3605 times)

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
BT Goatling for sale - Scottish Borders
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:24:23 am »
I have to sell one of my BT goatlings as my goatshed will be too crowded come next spring....

She is ALEWATER ARABELLA BT028042D

DoB: 26/03/2010
Sire: §169/101+ Lochinvar Inverghost BT027182D
Dam: Balafark Skyee HB074986D

Arabella still has some filling out to do over the next few months, but will be ready to go to the billy this autumn. She has been bred for milk, her dam is currently giving 5.5kgs per day (4 months into lactation) and is being milk recorded. Her sire's figures speak for themselves. It looks that Arabella will be a fine boned girl, and would do very well as a household goat in a small herd. She is lead trained and has been shown. Her mum has got a lovely udder.

My whole herd is CAE neg, tested annually. Arabella has a certificate valid until April 2012. Lambivac up to date, will be wormed on leaving my holding.

I will only sell her to someone who already has other goats for company, I do not have anyone else for sale here just now.

Delivery possible within reasonable distance.

ballingall

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Avonbridge, Falkirk
Re: BT Goatling for sale - Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 03:08:45 pm »
We do have a female kid for sale if anyone is looking for a companion to Anke's goatling. Can supply more details if anyone is interested, she looks like a BT type but is really half BA, and nearly half BT (the BT half has a small bit of BS in it), and is a lovely dark chocolate brown colour.

Our' kid is in Central Scotland, but can easily transport to Anke's if collection was being made from there.

Beth

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 05:21:11 pm »
Jedburgh Deer Park bought my goats and all my soays this year, John Irving (john@mervinslaw.co.uk)may be worth contacting if you get stuck.
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:08:30 pm »
Thanks Beth, that would be ideal for someone just starting out! My GG boys have just been promised to someone down south, so they couldn't go with her...

I can recommend suitable (BT) boys if a buyer would request, as I have national (BT) stud list here.

PS.: One day I really, really want to have a BT x BA too, the colour is just amazing.... but it will need a serious goatshed extension!

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 08:30:49 pm »
Anke, where in the country are you?  I am currently looking for goats so might be interested in taking yours and Balingalls.
Melanie x

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 08:32:02 pm »
Oh and if you could both PM me details of cost etc.  I am in Forfar but might struggle getting appropriate transportation as we're just starting out x

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 09:12:21 pm »
Forfar isn't too far from here, I have taken my girls to a show there recently. Will pm you re price. Regards, Anke.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 09:56:10 pm »
Beth,  can you PM me details of your kid and what you want for her as I'd really like to take both.  Many thanks.
Melanie

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS