Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: suspicious goats....  (Read 1520 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
suspicious goats....
« on: July 07, 2011, 08:24:08 pm »
Well,
Anyone would think that the three new big rocks I've put in the goat pen today were neon, flashing, foul-scented, ticking bombs!

All three backed away, Cesar the billy got all "snorty" and then ran round the fence line like a fool,
Geraldine called her baby to her, and they stood well back, heads down having a sniff from a distance!

I went out and watched, after a while it was little Willow who went first ... gentle sniff, one foot out to the smallest rock.
Then her mum came to have a look, neck stretched out like a giraffe to sniff them. 
Cesar (big wuss!) took abit longer.... but by the time I came in, he was stood up on the rocks like the king of the castle, Gera was bored and back to hay rack, and Willow was trying to chew them!

sometimes... I wonder why I bother!    ::)   :goat:     ;D
Little Blue

gem

Re: suspicious goats....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:47:58 pm »
put some tree branches on the rocks, they follow their belly  :goat:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:17:35 pm »
I have to remove all suspicious and dangerous things from the goats' path from their paddock to their byre, such as deck chairs, wheelbarrows.... Random buckets they can deal with - what were we saying about leading by their stomachs  :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:31 am »
what are they like lol!?   when I bought a new brush reggie was fine but vanna hated it - because it was pink and the old one was brown. took ages (and lots of biscuits) to get her to let me groom her
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS