Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: computor help...  (Read 2062 times)

gem

computor help...
« on: July 04, 2011, 03:32:26 pm »
i keep having this come up on my screen when i try to go on a website i use regularly  ???   ???

"SQL Error
An error occured with the SQL server:

This is not a problem with IP.Board but rather with your SQL server. Please contact your host and copy the message shown above. "

does anyone understand this technobabble as im confused? please translate into english for me

robert waddell

Re: computor help...
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 04:02:33 pm »
not the best one to answer as i am a ludite        but the host computer is having dificulties  either heat or hacking and you cant get on it has happened a lot recently         or i may be talking gobeldy gook :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 04:38:56 pm »
Have you tried switching everyting off for 10 minutes then restarting?  Sometimes it's just an open file that won't close down.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 04:40:15 pm »
does anyone understand this technobabble as im confused? please translate into english for me

Forums (like this one) generally store their information in databases, and there's something wrong with the one that's powering the site you're trying to access.

Nothing to do with anything you've done, and nothing you can do to fix it except contact the site owner.

Hope this helps.  :)

gem

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 04:45:55 pm »
thanks every1 for your help, im a bit of a technophobe.... but hopefully that forum will be back online again soon  ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 04:47:13 pm »
Go and have a cup of tea (iced, if your weather is like ours today! ;D ;D)
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »
Yes - totally agree with doganjo - switch it off, go and have a cup of tea and then switch it back on again.

But - like Dan says - probably something to do with the other end.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 06:00:20 pm »
As Dan says, The data is stored in a database on a part of the server called the SQL Database - this is sometimes on a seperate server to the programme files

Sometimes these can become corrupted and need the host to manually re-set or repair.
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS