Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: tobbacco  (Read 4397 times)

gem

tobbacco
« on: June 30, 2011, 05:18:52 pm »
has anyone here ever tried growing it? im tempted to grow it for my chimney of a husband  :farmer:
heres a link if anyones interested http://www.tobaccoseed.co.uk/

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
Re: tobbacco
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 10:10:07 pm »
On a whim, I ordered 2 types of seeds this winter.  Planted them in a flat (the seeds are tiny specks).  Grew them in the bathroom under a light.  Then transplanted into my garden when the weather warmed.

They are getting huge.  Quite pretty!

I don't know what to do with them next.  I usually work things out as the time comes so I will search instructions for cutting and drying later in the summer.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:15:01 am »
I've heard that its the curing process thats the key.

Is it the same as biofuels where you can voluntarily pay the tax on consumption?

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 01:18:49 am »
With the price of tobacco I am surprised that there isnt alot more growing going on - I dont like smoking this chinese stuff with all the lead in - although its a pretty good smoke. But then I do use menthol filters so anything will smoke the same.

Baz

yankieGirl

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Pennsylvania, USA
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 02:10:27 am »
Mine are flowering now.  I don't know what to do next.  I need to spend some time researching.  I have dial-up so my download time is agonizingly long!!

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 11:51:37 am »
Hang them about 1" apart on a bamboo cane and hang from the roof in garage or shed (dark and airy) for betweem 3 months to 2 years depending on what you want then cut for preferred smoking method

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS