Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Who Killed the Honey Bee? TV Prog  (Read 2080 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Who Killed the Honey Bee? TV Prog
« on: June 21, 2011, 08:09:36 pm »

Who Killed the Honey Bee?

BBC4 10:00pm-11:00pm (1 hour ) Tue 21 Jun

Martha Kearney examines the decline in the bee population due to a mystery affliction dubbed `colony collapse disorder', which is believed to have wiped out more than a third of the UK's colonies. The programme explores the effect the extinction of the insect and the loss of pollination would have on nature and the world's food supply

(Repeat)

Little Blue

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: Who Killed the Honey Bee? TV Prog
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:28:00 pm »
Thanks LB, set to record as I've got to go & bath a smelly dog who's going for his BVA hip score x-ray in the morning  ;)  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 09:37:12 pm »
I saw that it was on but I think I saw it last time it was on - remember thinking that the way the Americans handled their bees was shocking, and not surprised they either died or bugged off!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 07:58:56 pm »
There was a big article here (Delaware) in the local paper this week.  Apparently not just anyone can keep bees.  In certain states there laws that stop you from keeping them in your garden as they are seen as a nuisance to your neighbours.  I must say that our hive, back home, was never a problem to the neighbours. In fact they didn't even know we had it until we told them.
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 02:41:14 pm »
Shame the politicians don't take more notice  ::)

I agree with what was said about bees being the "canary" of the state of the planet  :o
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS