Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: rat traps dilemma  (Read 8251 times)

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
Re: rat traps dilemma
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 01:34:58 pm »
 :o :o omg that sounds so horrible  :o :o

rustyme

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 01:53:43 pm »
most poisons that kill rats will also kill anything that eats the bodies. There are poisons that don't , but not sure how effective at killing rats they are ?? If you want to be sure you won't kill either your dogs , cats or even wild animals that eat rats , then the only way would be to stick with cats ,dogs ,traps and an air rifle ....I HATE RATS...yuk ....they make me shudder.

cheers

Russ

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 01:59:04 pm »
My friend will not even say the name - he calls them long tails LOL

rustyme

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 02:13:52 pm »
lol.... I know how he feels... there is the TRUE story of a blind man who used to go for a walk in his local park in the early eveing and used to feed the birds and the squirrils. He said that he was feeding a new sub species of squirril ,a smooth tailed squirril , and someone from a zoo or something went to see this new sub species only to watch in horror as the blind man sat on the park bench covered in rats . OMG .... :o :o The funny thing is I have always called squirrils fury tailed rats .....

Russ

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 03:07:46 pm »
We asked the environmental health gusy and we do get different information whoever we ask. It might have to do which kind of poison is used. One said that the cat would have to eat the equivalent of 20 poisoned mice to get problems and that the poisoned rodents hide away anyway and are not likely to get caught. Important is to keep an eye on your cat and if she gets a problem with bleeding out of her nose or any other orifice, go and see the vet immediately.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS