Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Solar Farms and Sheep.  (Read 9687 times)

trish.farm

• Joined Feb 2014
  • hampshire
Re: Solar Farms and Sheep.
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 10:39:35 am »
Done loads of research on this as we are looking at putting in a 50 kw system on the farm to supply our old battery hen unit which is now offices and light industrial.  The panels will be land based and my sheep will get an extra field as it is currently a horse paddock, so win win for me.  I have visited a few land based solar units where they graze sheep and the grass hasnt been hugely affected by the solar panels.  It is a marmite situation with solar panels, i personally think they look quite cool!  I have 14 land based panels at my house which are behind a small hedge in my horse paddock and the difference they have made in 1 year to my elec bills are awesome.  We have a 30 kw system on our grainstores which will have paid themselves off in 6 years and have totally cut out our bills.  Apart from people finding them unsightly, they are totally kind to the environment.  I look at my 16 year old son and worry for him how the world will be producing power when he is my age, solar power has to be the way forward. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS