Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi to all!  (Read 6761 times)

TomGoodWannabe

• Joined Jan 2008
Hi to all!
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:17:50 pm »
Just found your website and forum after searching for recipes for parsnip soup...  Great find!  I'll be spending some time reading through the articles and old forum posts, then will be sure to ask some questions..!

Presently only have a small courtyard garden and an allotment, but with dreams of a small holding!  Based in Kent.

Adam

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Re: Hi to all!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 05:00:59 pm »
Welcome Adam - looking forward to  hearing how the parsnip soup went!  Just love Parsnips - not so easy get over here in France.

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 05:25:27 pm »
In UK our garden (inherited as such) was made of paving stones, I grew everything in tubs, so when I came here the ambition was to have a huge veg garden.  5 years on and still trying, each year a new disaster, from mites to caterpillars, floods, drought and piglets pillaging through the strawberries.  This year, I promise, ...... but I say that every year.

Which just goes to prove that a garden and an allotment may be far more productive than you realise.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 06:42:36 pm »
Hi Adam

Glad you enjoy the site and the forums - we'll look forward to your contributions!

Rosemary

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 09:37:15 am »
ooh parsnips roasted in duck fat, to go with a roasted free range bird. not sure about a flavour that would go with parsnips for soup, maybe ham hock?.

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 10:22:45 am »
hey and welcome to the forum adam! were based in kent too with dreams of owning some land!  ;D

Nic

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Edinburgh
    • Double Dutch
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
Hey Adam,

Mmmm Parsnip soup - yum! really good with apples (roasted first), or with cumin and caraway seeds.  Or mix with celeriac for a really tasty winter soup.
Enjoy!!
Nic

Micki

• Joined Jan 2008
  • North Notts
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 11:40:36 am »
Hi and welcome. You did the same as me. I found the site whilst searching for a recipe for leek and potato soup.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »
A significant proportion of the hits on the website over the last month have been searching for recipes for parsnip soup and stilton soup - do you think this reflects what's hiding at the back of post-Christmas fridges?

Townie

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Fife
    • http://www.townie.wordpress.com
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2008, 05:13:26 pm »
I would imagine so rosemary ... I found 2 big parsnips lurking at the back of the fridge yesterday  ;D

Nearly forgot Hiya Adam!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS