Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rolling and Chain Harrowing at Same Time  (Read 6286 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Rolling and Chain Harrowing at Same Time
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:34 pm »
Is there any reason why I shouldn't attach my chain harrow onto the back of my roller and do the two jobs at the same time, that is aside from the very large turning circles if my pattern goes s**t shaped along the way :)

Ta

Barry

robert waddell

Re: Rolling and Chain Harrowing at Same Time
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 08:29:35 am »
the harrows tear out the old grass and in a ploughed field level and break the soil up 
the roller pushes the stones in and seals in moisture        harrow first then roll and if you want to do it in a one pass operation  the roller will have to be atached on the harrows :farmer:

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 11:35:57 am »
Thanks - It was pushing the idea mechanically the other way round but i dont think my chain harrow will like me very much if its got a roller attached :)

I'll let you know how my bodge goes - just thought Id try and save a few hours and a bit of fuel.

Ta

Baz

DartmoorLiz

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Devon
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:37:49 am »
I know this is an old thread but I was thinking of doing the same thing this spring - the neighbour's cows are making a real mess of our field.  I was thinking of attaching the chain harrow to 2 of the 3 point linkages and the roller via a very long tow bar to the tow hitch. 

Has anyone done this before?
Never ever give up.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS