Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: E-ON gas & electric?  (Read 5507 times)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
E-ON gas & electric?
« on: June 08, 2011, 08:52:54 pm »
just had a man at the door from E-on gas & electric...

we have pay-as-you-need meters for both,
he said British gas can't be beaten for electic prices, but that on gas we could save £45 a year, get T**co clubcard points & a £45 energy moniter for free.

Anyone with e-on?
any good?
or just a con to get us in, then whack up the prices?!

:-\
Little Blue

HappyHippy

Re: E-ON gas & electric?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 09:53:01 pm »
Were E-on not the first big 'green' utility company  ??? Not really sure, but if you can get a fixed price tarrif for 6 months or more go for it ! Scottish Power are putting gas up by 19% and electricity by 10% in the autumn, I'm sure others will follow suit  :(
Hubby's sharpening the chainsaw as I type and I'm off to price turbines and PV cells  :o ;)
Karen  :wave:

Sandy

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 10:02:18 pm »
 >:( >:( >:( So many more things going up and nothing comming down, not even my weight  >:(

waterhouse

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 11:25:17 pm »
Had the salesman from eon ring last week when I was feeling charitable.  Conversation went

Him: we noticed you left us last year and wondered if we could tempt you back

Me: we switched because you didn't seem to know what a feed-in tariff was

Him: what's a feed-in tariff?

Me: no change then

I did then explain and he really had never heard of it!

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 11:46:04 pm »
Had the salesman from eon ring last week when I was feeling charitable.  Conversation went

Him: we noticed you left us last year and wondered if we could tempt you back

Me: we switched because you didn't seem to know what a feed-in tariff was

Him: what's a feed-in tariff?

Me: no change then

I did then explain and he really had never heard of it!

Good grief!   ::)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 11:15:56 am »
im on e on and was promised tesco club card points etc and not recieved diddly squat  so i just pay and go as usual and wont be getting changing for a bonus any time soon its just i  put on what we uses as and when

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 11:54:47 am »
I'd be wary of a door-to-door salesman's pitch; If you want to look for cheaper bills then your better off (I think) using a website like Uswitch.com - there you can put in your supplier, tariff & how much you use then it gives you a list of cheaper products.

As an aside:
There was a chap on radio 4 yesterday saying that as Scottish power are putting up their prices it would be good to grab a 'fixed price' tariff before next week, as the other companies are probably going to follow suit very soon.

only thing I can say about eon is that it took me five phonecalls to get a consistent answer as to how my existing tariff worked, another three to get them to admit they had a better one for me and transfer me onto it; then 3 weeks after going onto the new tariff they changed it  ::) . I don't know if that's any worse than any other company though.

m

littlemisspiggy!

• Joined Sep 2010
  • NOTTINGHAMSHIRE
    • just left of the 20th century
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 11:14:32 pm »
wouldn't touch e on ever again..they got my bills wrong one year and sent me an unexpected bill just before xmas saying i owed them the difference,i payed it and didnt hear anything for ages just kept paying my monthly payment. got a bill through the other day and have spoken to them since,they now say that was only up until june 2010,now i owe them £921 :o difference from june til now!!!!! im never in to use the elec n gas in my house!!!its bloody stupid the prices they charge....so now i have a payment plan to clear that aswell as my monthly direct debit >:( >:(
'can't rain all the time!'

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 11:49:50 pm »
I had the same problem - they somehow managed to take me over from another company without me asking them to or signing anything so i told them where to go - never heard another cheap from them.  I'm now with Npower and so far so good.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sandy

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:45 am »
I think there is often confusion over billing etc when you change from one provider to another, we changed a few years ago and got double billed etc and so did one of our guests, so now we stay with Scottish Power, maybe we could save some money with another firm but the cost of sorting out mistakes is not worth the trouble just now!!!

Stephen Drummonsy

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 12:22:39 pm »
I think there is often confusion over billing etc when you change from one provider to another, we changed a few years ago and got double billed etc and so did one of our guests, so now we stay with Scottish Power, maybe we could save some money with another firm but the cost of sorting out mistakes is not worth the trouble just now!!!

I had the same problem when I switched from Scottish to British Gas (double billed). But now I am with BG and I intend staying with them on a fixed tariff for both Gas and Electric. At this moment in time I think they are the cheapest.

Sandy

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 02:03:38 pm »
Our bills seemed reasonable in comparison to last year but as we have an old  huge house to heat and lots of laundry to do, will be dreading the next big winter fuel bill. We both would love a little cottage with log burner and solar panels!!!! Its certainly depresing times for most of us, all bills are going up, not much work and lower wages..we are a long way poorer than we used to be!!!

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 07:43:40 pm »
think its a No then!!  thanks all....
Little Blue

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 08:57:27 am »
I was tempted to change over for Tesco points but people told me that eon makes a huge percentage of their electricity from nuclear and coal - so my conscience said NO WAY :&>

waterhouse

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 09:40:33 am »
I went onto an energy switching site the other day and as far as I could see we had the most expensive energy package in the country.  We moved to Good Energy when we installed solar PV and it was really hard to find anyone who knew anything about ROCs etc.  GE are awfully nice - very nicely spoken, and great renewable credentials - but fearfully expensive.

Faced with a list of 76 suppliers who could apparently save me £760 a year I don't know where to start. 

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS