Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Day old Turkeys for sale  (Read 4098 times)

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
Day old Turkeys for sale
« on: June 05, 2011, 08:06:05 am »
Central Scotland Smallholders Association (CSSA) have newly hatched Bronze and White  Turkeys available to both members and non members. They are located 12 miles north of Glasgow and are £5 . All proceeds from the sale of these birds goes into CSSA funds.

Moregin

• Joined Oct 2009
  • Grangemouth
Re: Day old Turkeys for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 11:11:56 am »
Thats all very well Lucy24 but will it feed a family of four at Christmas time???
Try to be the type of person your dog thinks you are!

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:10 am »
YOUR PING K15  the only tool you will need use it for golf if you have the time        or club the turkeys/foxes/vermin (your choice 2 legged or 4 legged) then plod will have you up in court and we will all read about it :'(

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:07:17 pm »
 ??? ???, am I missing something  ???

Arh, see the connection, some one thinks "lifestock = Golf"  ;)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:08:55 pm by Sandy »

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 12:52:43 pm »
LOL, looks like scam to me...however, on a more serious note, andrew are cssa planning to hatch any hubbards in the near-ish future please?

Sandy

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 01:03:09 pm »
I quite fancy two too, but I think its a bit early just yet, or is it????

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 01:19:34 pm »
Egglady, Hubbard eggs arrived today, will be going into incubator tomorrow and hatch 21 days later.
Sandy, Turkeys will be about 15-16lb by mid December. I still have a few left can keep two till off heat in about 5-6 weeks for you if you want.

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:00:33 pm »
I will have a chat with my financial director and humane dispatcher......last year we had an expert stay to dispatch,,,, I would love to have had Turkeys but recon they may be a bit harder to sort out, hubbards were no problem at all apart from loads of feathers stuck in ice everywhere. I certainly think they would be fun to keep and at least they would have the summer  ::)

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 03:09:25 pm »
thanks andrew.
fancy turkeys too but pretty sure hubby (aka dispatcher) will draw the line there. like sandy he is ok(ish) with the hubbards and the taste makes up for the unpleasantness of dispatching, but sure he'll baulk at turkeys..pity :(

re hubbards, yup put our name down for 10 please...

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 04:32:16 pm »
Hi Sandy,  I don't mind the despatching (done quite a few turkeys before, so better at that than I was with the Hubbards  ;)).  We could have a pre-Christmas plucking party if you like!  :)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Sandy

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 08:40:16 pm »
Thanks WOMBLE ( I hear youre banned from Glastonbury ;) )

After long discussions with my financial advisor we are unable to provide a home for Christmas and NOT for life, to a pair of Turkey's....this Christmas, if we are lucky, will be beans on toast!! :(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS