Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Another question  (Read 2196 times)

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
Another question
« on: June 07, 2011, 06:38:23 pm »
Hi all

My first time posting on the cattle forum, I have a question that I would like help with please.
I am just about to sit for the animal movement certificate, I have been given a dummy paper and it has the following question with multiple guess answers.
The one I am puzzling over is as follows

Which is NOT a symptom of heat stress in cattle

a. Weight loss
b. appetite loss
c.Panting
d. Sleeping

I have spoken to several people and seem to get different answers, I am inclined to go with a.
your help would be appreciated.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Another question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:47:41 pm »
I'd agree with you, if for no other reason than that weight loss occurs over a period of weeks and I imagine, the context being animal transport, they are meaning heat stress over a period of hours. 

If the heat continued for a long period, the loss of appetite would result in weight loss, eh?  But in the course of a single 8 hour (max) journey, there's only so much weight they can lose, huh?
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:52:58 pm »
I'd say a for the same reasons.

The Woodsiders

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Near Horley in Surrey
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:45:00 am »
Good morning

Thank you for your replies, guess thats the one I will go with then, provided its on the paper,  Thanks again

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS