Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: to hot for everyone here at the pear tree  (Read 2822 times)

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
to hot for everyone here at the pear tree
« on: June 04, 2011, 04:10:34 pm »
our girls ( goats ) and billy just look fed up with this heat, they have got some shade behind trailer in the
field and some at the side of milking shed.
they have got access into their night sheds but dont seem to want to take advantage????????
our chucks are feeling under the weather is well all drinking stations are ready for the taking too.
as for us well, we're worse with things going wrong through out the day, jeep has broken down again!!!!!!! >:(

langdon
Langdon ;)

Sandy

Re: to hot for everyone here at the pear tree
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 04:23:21 pm »
Well its gone cool today after yesterday a day of heat and a night of midges!!!!! Seems a lot of stuff goes wrong at the same time then, things go well for a little while. lifes ups and downs, I broke the washing machine door off, the Iron Press is stuck shut, loads of other stuff to repair like the door and the lean too, the garage is falling apart and we have loads of bills again and not much work, still, the fun goes on.....I suppose the animals don't always realise there are cooler places for them, our dogs sat in the heat for a long time yesterday and there is plenty of shade around!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:36 pm »
sandy, look on the bright side-no washing or ironing!  ;)

Our goats are opting to stay out of the shed and choosing to stay under the cool willow tree - I guess the straw bedding makes the shed too hot for them? they have scraped a patch of straw to expose the concrete floor though. Tomorrow they get a shower and soaping to make them smell (and look) lovely for the TV crew, that'll cool them down!
sorry to hear about the jeep  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Sandy

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:36:01 pm »
I do have to wash and Iron as we are a busy B&B, my press was/is usulay great but its stuck!!!!!! I am so looking forward to the TV appearance!!!! I think our chickens loved the heat, they were sun bathing in the dust!! Chilly today though

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 06:59:31 pm »
tv crew???

that sounds interesting, want to tell us more!

langdon ;)
Langdon ;)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 07:53:42 pm »
tv crew???

that sounds interesting, want to tell us more!

langdon ;)
Scary stuff Langdon - the crew from 'escape to the country' (BBC1) are coming here to film me with my goats! a couple want to move to worcestershire and keep goats and the researcher googled 'goats worcestershire' and my Baaath time website popped up so...they are coming tuesday to film a slot about a family who made the same move (ie us!) and how a fairly good business came about  :)  am really nervous though!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

langdon

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Pembrokeshire
  • The Happy Smallholder!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 09:20:32 pm »
thats awsome plums!!!!!!!!!!!!

let me know when you are on tele and we will sit down to watch ( i cant wait )
we like the programme :)

you never know where this could lead you, esp if you get the chance to mention your soap,

good luck ;)

langdon :goat:
Langdon ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS