Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: tamworth sow in pig  (Read 3031 times)

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
tamworth sow in pig
« on: February 03, 2009, 12:07:57 am »
hi iam having a lot of trouble tring to find out weather my sows are in pig i was told that sometimes they can still come into season even if they are in pig
does any one ahve any pics of a tamworth sow heavly in pig so i can compare or any other ways i can tell please

Mabs Wood Squiggies

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: tamworth sow in pig
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 07:54:02 pm »
Hi we are first timers at this breeding bit. Where did you hear about them still coming into season if they were pregnant? We AI'd ours and one took and the other didn't however we were unsure the first month and she only came what I would call properly into heat on the second month. The one that took showed no signs of heat at all. I believe the pregnancy can fail if there are not enough embryos implanted or if both horns are not used, if it fails before 30 days all is reabsorbed and you'd not know if she was pregers. Our sow came into heat again last week and there was no mistaking this time so we A I'd her again.
Hope this helps

Karen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS