Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: First Scottish show a great success  (Read 6270 times)

robert waddell

Re: First Scottish show a great success
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 10:05:03 am »
also congrats to princesspiggy for coming from peterhead and winning with her heifer and the other competitor from mintlaw. Congratulations to the both of you for making the tremendous effort in travelling from the north east of Scotland to the south west of Scotland. It just goes to show that there are dedicated enthusiasts out there. We just have to persuade your local show to follow in Lesmahagow's footsteps. :pig:
As a foot note, following on from Saturday's success there are at least 3 Scottish pig breeders that are making the effort to attend the Yorkshire Show :pig: :pig:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2011, 09:26:59 pm »
Belatedly ... I've just recovered from Saturday  ;D

Many thanks to the Committe of the SPKA, they are to be commended on their hard work & lobbying over the years to get pig showing back in Scotland. 

Also, to the Committe & their spouses/partners for not just the preparation for the show, but in braving the awful weather to set-up & pack away afterwards (I'd had enough of the weather just attending on the Saturday  ::) ).

We had a brill time at the show, the organisation was extremely professional & SoS thoroughly enjoyed the luxurious pens provided  ;)  Here's to the beginning of great things & onwards to the Highland Show.

& a (very) belated Happy Birthday to Lillian  :bouquet:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 03:07:35 pm »
after 4 years of going round our local shows , demonstrating the pigs, 2011 was the year that showing pigs was going to happen or not. Pushing for classes was the way forward and this is why Robert and myself founded the SPKA on 21st February 2011.As Karen HH was a success at saving palacerigg she was the ideal person to come on board to promote pigs and pig keeping, culminating in pig showing being reintroduced in Scotland.   By getting other breeders involved provided a great turn out for our first show at Lesmahagow. There is plenty more shows that I will be lobbing to get pig classes to them. Everyone wanting to show will always be informed as what shows we will attend. I am still confident that we could be showing at B U S on 28/29th July 2011. There was a lot of hard work, sweat, and tears went into making the day a success and we hope to see you all there next year, as the committee are looking forward to hosting us again. Special thanks must go to Richard at MODULAMB who is allowing us, the SPKA the use of 20 back to back pig pens also JFC for supplying the disinfectant mat and have also supported us at the highland show last year and this year. Great things have come to fruitrition on the back of pigs being shown at Lesmahagow. More to follow on this as it occurs.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS