Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Zwartbles lambs for sale, pedigree and MV acc flock  (Read 4512 times)

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
Zwartbles lambs for sale, pedigree and MV acc flock
« on: May 30, 2011, 11:08:42 pm »
Our first group of lambs have now been weaned and recieved their intial 2 heptavac P+ jabs so ready to go to new homes
We have a good selection of ewe lambs and a small number of ram lambs offered. For more details see http://zwartbles.webs.com/2011lambs.htm or google redgate zwartbles.
We are based in South Shropshire, depending on location may be able to help with delivery

« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 06:13:37 pm by Blacksheep »

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
Re: Zwartbles lambs for sale, pedigree and MV acc flock
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:20:33 pm »
bump   the ewe lambs have all completed their Heptavac vaccs and are ready to go to new homes. Many are bred from show lines, good quality stock. These sheep tend to have naturally docile temperaments in comparison to other breeds so are easily tamed and ideal for smallholders. They are a large milky breed, dual purpose for meat and milk. The lamb produces an excellent lean well flavoured and textured meat.

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 02:53:31 pm »
bump
we still have some lovely ewe lambs for sale as well as a small number of ram lambs.

Victorian Farmer

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 10:24:33 am »
very nice a credit to you.

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 10:34:12 am »
What sort of money do this breed go for?  It is my favourite breed, I just love their colouring (probably stems from my passion for black horses too - oops )  I've admired them at the shows often.

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:31:41 pm »
Thank you Victorian Farmer, they are a lovely breed to own and fun to take showing, they actually seem to enjoy being out, and my niece is getting a lot of enjoyment (and success too!) with showing in young handler classes.

Hello White-blazes, zwartbles translates to black and blaze!! Re the prices they are variable and tend to depend on markings and size/conformation. Broken blaize lambs I generally sell from around £130ish registered, well marked lambs from around £200 and they can go for a lot more if a really outstanding show animal £1000+

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 10:32:25 pm »

Hello White-blazes, zwartbles translates to black and blaze!!

Right, I never knew that, thank you.  Now I know why I like them, black with blazes and 4 whites, which is also my favourite colour in horses too (hence my log in name) 8)
Good luck selling them, they really are lovely looking sheep :)

Blacksheep

• Joined May 2008
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 09:20:45 am »
bump

Advertisement

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS