Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Timing of postings  (Read 6903 times)

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
Timing of postings
« on: May 26, 2011, 01:00:52 pm »
Hi Dan

apologies if you have covered this before, but why do timings of posts show one hour behind the actual time?

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Timing of postings
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:46:24 pm »
Hi Dan

apologies if you have covered this before, but why do timings of posts show one hour behind the actual time?

Because posters haven't gone into their profile and clicked on look and layout prefernces and ticked the auto detect button.  Only need to do it once.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 05:19:27 pm »
I've noticed that the time on the forum is one hour behind.  I assumed that I couldn't change it myself.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 06:20:47 pm »
I've noticed that the time on the forum is one hour behind.  I assumed that I couldn't change it myself.
OK, I'm testing the system - I am posting this at 18.20
edited - bang on - now 16.21 (see my next post - this is a typo - it should read 18.21 not 16.21, sorry fro any confusion  :-[ )
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:51:56 pm by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »
that is 2 hours of a difference...............im totally confused ???

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 07:50:15 pm »
that is 2 hours of a difference...............im totally confused ???
Sorry, That was a typo - should be 18.21 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Time was exactly right - 19.50 now

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 10:01:17 pm »

Because posters haven't gone into their profile and clicked on look and layout prefernces and ticked the auto detect button.  Only need to do it once.
[/quote]

Great, thanks for that.  I've changed it to the correct time.  :wave:

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:31:25 pm »
Thanks Annie  ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 11:40:10 pm »
I've noticed that the time on the forum is one hour behind.  I assumed that I couldn't change it myself.
OK, I'm testing the system - I am posting this at 18.20
edited - bang on - now 16.21 (see my next post - this is a typo - it should read 18.21 not 16.21, sorry fro any confusion  :-[ )

I can't do 24 hour clock arithmetic either   ;) :D ;D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2011, 09:47:33 am »
 24 hour clock would be better than a.m. / p.m.

..erm, the test postings still show as one hour behind. Me confused so me test too.... uk time now 09:47

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2011, 09:51:44 am »
The default clock time on this site is 1 hour behind uk time. I've done the auto detect thing, time of this post should show as 10:51 (no 24 hour clock option).

Update - It worked. Changing the setting has also changed the time for my previous post (directly above) which originally showed as 08:47.

Course, it will totally confuse the timings of posts from folks posting from outside uk, as uk posters can reply before a post is made / or question asked....   :D   :D

Headache pill anyone?  :notwell:   ;D  :D  ;D   

:wave:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 10:06:59 am by OhLaLa »

OhLaLa

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2011, 10:22:59 am »
Oh er where's me Valium? If you log out and look at the postings as a 'Guest' the timings are back to the one hour behind uk time again. So I'm guessing that when logged in the time of the postings will show as whatever your own setting is.

Not that it really matters of course, I'm just being a techie (or nerd  :D )

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2011, 04:31:50 pm »
Ah, that's the answer!  I wondered why I had  to reset whenever my computer had installed automatic MS updates - it does a restart so I'd be logged out of TAS, then when I open up Firefox it automatically logs me back in!  The light shines! ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS