Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 1988 times)

lazybee

• Joined Mar 2010
Here we go again
« on: May 23, 2011, 05:30:04 am »
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/farmers-may-use-animal-byproducts-in-feed-again-2287441.html

I'm not sure on on this one. It should be okay feeding omnivores on animal products, with rigorous controls in place of course. But not with my own animals.

Full link added woops
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:00:18 am by lazybee »

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 07:26:07 am »
 ??? ???

Sorry - which segment is it? Kitsch summer fashion? What you can tell from a person's jacket? or Charlie Dimmock's hanging baskets??
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:47:09 am »
You cant feed one of your eggs from your free range birds even hard boiled.  You cant give them a carrot if its been in your kitchen but you CAN feed them animal products if its in the commercially produced feed.  I rest my case.  MADNESS

Coley

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 08:59:12 am »

Mad hen/pig/duck?           PAP! just about sums it up ::)

robert waddell

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 09:27:06 am »
pesonanly i will let this thread gather momentum  before i add to it      other than we knew about this last october and had informed on another thread already

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 03:36:47 pm »
You cant feed one of your eggs from your free range birds even hard boiled.  You cant give them a carrot if its been in your kitchen but you CAN feed them animal products if its in the commercially produced feed.  I rest my case.  MADNESS

Says it all.  Anyone care to take a wager on the source of the next big disease outbreak...?

The only positive thing I saw in the article was the recognition that omnivores do best with some animal protein in their diet.

My hens eat worms  :D   
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

loosey

• Joined May 2010
  • Cornwall
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 03:50:45 pm »
Says it all.  Anyone care to take a wager on the source of the next big disease outbreak...?

My hens eat worms  :D  

I'm hoping for Fox Flu ... cull them all!

My chickens have my bacon rind!  :o ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS