Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: in lamb ewes for sale......very nice ones!  (Read 8537 times)

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
in lamb ewes for sale......very nice ones!
« on: January 31, 2009, 01:25:04 pm »
Some nice coloured Wensleydale type ewes of startling colours and stunning fleeces in lamb to a Gotland ram, and a couple of white wensleydale cross Dorsets, also in lamb to the Gotland, due March for sale.

£50 each.....which is a bargain if you have seen the prices sheep are making at the moment!

They will provide you with some lovely lambs that will rear well, and one killed will have skins worth £70 if tanned. The wool from the ewes is worth a lot too and hand spinners will bite your hand off for it!

I have 7 available and they will make a great starter flock or 'interest' flock. Very friendly, do not jump, bucket trained.....in fact appear with a bucket and you will have to fight them off!

Reason for sale is I must cut right back as I am expanding the wool processing and there are not enough hours in the day.........these are lovely sheep and its a wrench
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

danndans

• Joined Jan 2008
  • aberystwyth
Re: in lamb ewes for sale......very nice ones!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 06:06:47 pm »
what are there ages wooly?
Make your words soft and sweet, as one day you may have to eat them.

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:42:13 pm »
4 full mouths approx 5-6 years all very nice coloured wensleydale types (unreg)
2 born 2005 Wensleydale x Dorset Down
1 born 2008 Coloured Wensleydale x suffolk

All large sheep! Footvaxed, trimmed and ready to go

Been running since 14th October with top notch pedigree Gotland
www.valgrainger.co.uk

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 12:12:04 pm »
This is what they look like......on average.....and this is one of them last year
www.valgrainger.co.uk

horsemadmummy

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:58:32 pm »
Hi there

We have just relocated to West Devon and have managed to get new holding no for this property (we previously lived in oxfordshire where we were registered).  We are having to pretty much rebuild the house which hasn't been lived in for two years but we have 4 acres of lawns and paddocks.  Our chickens came with us and my horse is down the lane in livery until his stables are finished at the end of March - we would ike to keep a few sheep and a couple of pigs so that we can have some self sufficiency ( we have 4 children and another on the way).  Ideally we are looking for 2 or 3 ewes in lamb so that we can keep the grass down and rear our own meat.  Do you have any of yours still available or are they all gone?  We would look at a house cow however we live right on the edge of a TB hotspot so have decided against it for now.

Any help or advice you could give a pregnant mother would be gratefully received!!!

Could you let me know.  Many thanks

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 07:57:27 pm »
We sold all of these sheep last year....but I do have some in lamb Ouessants....and can thouroughly reccommend the Dorset Downs from Faye advertised on here!....I know her and her sheep!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS