Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My beautiful boy - sorely missed  (Read 2372 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
My beautiful boy - sorely missed
« on: May 22, 2011, 12:30:54 am »
He nearly made it to 15 years and the end was mercifully swift and largely painless.  It was very unexpected - I thought he was just constipated but it turned out to be an inoperable tumour.  He died purring in my arms and is now buried up on the fell, curled up in an old jumper of mine. 

A new cat isn't an option - BH isn't a fan but had no choice about Jacob, we came as a package - and only other cat lovers really get why a cat is unlike any other pet or livestock. 

So I will miss Jacob, in big ways and in a hundred little ways every day, and I shall miss having a cat.  I haven't been without a furry purry for 33 years.  But then, until 4 years ago I'd never had ponies, ducks, a house cow and my own calves, working collies - so I am very blessed and I know it.

There sure is a big hole, though, where my faithful little friend used to be.  Not sure anything else will really ever quite fill it.

Bless you, Jacob.  You gave me nearly 15 years of unswerving loyalty, a heap of fun, and I think you know how much you meant to me.  I hope there's plenty of mouses where you are now.   
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
Re: My beautiful boy - sorely missed
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 07:37:00 am »
Oh no, I'm so sorry you've lost your little buddy. :'( Thinking of you. Cx

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »
sleep well Jacob.
so sorry his time has come, never easy on the ones left behind.

You'll need another cat one day soon, to keep down the rodents ... maybe one will "adopt" you (ie, just dont tell your bh!)
Little Blue

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 09:59:23 pm »
Its hard to say good bye when they have been with you so long  :bouquet:

Thinking of you
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:47:25 pm »
 :bouquet: Sorry to read about your cat.

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 09:29:05 pm »
Sorry to read of your loss, Sally.

I know *exactly* what you mean, and how you feel, having had to put to sleep a feline companion of nearly 23 yrs last summer.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS