Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kittens ....again  (Read 5104 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Kittens ....again
« on: April 26, 2011, 11:39:44 pm »
The semi feral cats have done their usual trick - had kittens in the old caravan down the field at the farm.  And as usual, one is in the cupboard above the cooker, and the other in the large wardrobe.  How the one above the cooker leaps up, and holds the drop down door up while she gets in, I do not know.
Both had them on the same day.

The large fluffy black and white  female has 3 all black - I think - hard to see it a tiny dark cupboard, and a white one with a little black on it.  Little Blue this is your cats mum.  Other one, a tiny white female,  had two white ones, with black spots. 

Somehow got to move all of them after the farm auction in early June - they were born there, and doubt they will like to move, but no choice.  Kittens will be handled, so can be rehomed.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Kittens ....again
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 12:14:10 am »
Is there any reason why you don't have them neutered?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

gapcap

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:40:50 pm »
I've just found 2 kittens in the barn from a feral cat we have tried to catch for 2 years! The kittens were about 5 weeks old,The cats protection league took the kittens and loaned me a trap,and success ;D, we managed to trap the mother cat and took her to the vet,she has now been spayed,microchipped,de flead and wormed,and released today. I will leave food out for her,but we only ever see her when she has had kittens(the other lots of kittens I managed to find good homes for just didnt have the time this year what with piglets,lambs etc) Give the cpl a ring I find them excellent.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 11:16:39 pm »
I had all my female cats speyed on a cheap scheme runnng at a vets about 12 miles away.  Then someone dumped some half grown cats who were female. They are feral, although come when I go to feed them, there is no way they will be caught.  We tried a trap, and just caught the greedy fat toms, who I can actually pick up anyway!!!  The RSPCA gave me neutering vouchers - just a matter of catching them now.  Even if I shut them in the cupboard with the kittens, I still have to somehow get them out of there - and when trapped they use their claws, teeth, anything to avoid capture.

We have no trouble finding homes for the kittens, which I handle every day, to make sure they are tame before they leave.

I have 9 cats at one farm all speyed plus two toms who are not mine, but sort of lodge with us then 8 at the other farm, although to be honest, they are pretty independent, hunting mice and rabbits etc.  I go down twice a day and put plenty food and biscuits out in their caravan though.   Even though they are feral, they will not be left behind when we move, I could not do that, in case the new owners did not feed them!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:40:41 pm »
Goodness Roxy - that's quite a family!  ::) Good on you for looking after them all. :bouquet:  It'll be some move too if you can't catch them at the moment.  Best of luck - hope you've got good sturdy gauntlets! ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 10:42:09 am »
**La, la, la, Im Not Listening!**

No, congratulations to my boys' Mum  and Aunties!  And I will ask round if you need homes for any of them.

So the Auction is finally happening? 
Little Blue

princesspiggy

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 08:00:39 pm »
we had 2 feral cats once, oven gloves are quite useful in catching them. they have now passed away due to cancer etc but they were characters alright.

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 11:34:53 pm »
Two more kittens - born on Royal Wedding Day.  One ginger and the other more of a sandy colour.  They are fluffy, and may turn out long haired. 

Will be advertising them early June, so if anyone wants one (or two!) let me know :)

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 06:10:33 pm »
boys or girls?
wills and kate?  or wills and harry?!
Little Blue

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 10:58:43 pm »
Don't know what they are yet ......but they are big uns, so probably boys.  Just starting to move around a bit now, so will try and take a pic or two .......maybe your OH will fall in love with the  black and white ones, or the black ones even?!!

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »
boys or girls?
wills and kate?  or wills and harry?!

Bet its Wills & Harry 2 Ginger Toms!! Put my name down for the sandy one!!
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS