Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: For Sale - Soay ewes & lambs  (Read 3677 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
For Sale - Soay ewes & lambs
« on: May 16, 2011, 02:46:03 pm »
Anyone looking for super low maintenance, do it all by themselves sheep, Soays are beautiful deer like creatures who self shear, birth without your intervention, make great mums and generally do it all wonderfully well.  We have 8 ewes and 12 beautiful lambs for sale and could give unrelated tup lambs if required.  We can sell a few or a flock - we don't have enough land to keep them all which is our only reason for selling (or I really would keep them all).  They are a joy to have.  £25 each - we're in Lauder which is about 30mins south of Edinburgh in Scottish Borders.  Thanks for reading, here's my number 01578 718761 for a chat about them and this is what they look like:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

zackyb

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: For Sale - Soay ewes & lambs
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 11:08:15 pm »
Hello

I am very interested but live in Yorkshire and dont have a trailer yet. would definitley like some lambs and an unrelated tup...

I am a new smallholder have just got some pig weaners and would like some sheep.

Until I change my car for something more in keeping with my new work - I woul dhave to see if I could borrow a trailer.

I willl be in touch.

Thanks
Amanda

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:13:39 am »
Hi Amanda, we don't have a stock trailer either I'm afraid - you can hire them, I don't think its that expensive, or maybe put an ad on this website for a loan of one from around your area (maybe pay in meat - eventually).  It's good to start of with nice new young stock.  See how you get on - I will have to sell some off by September even if it is by auction so you would have to act before then if interested.  Soays often have a reputation for being good jumpers but we give ours a little ewe and lamb mix food every day and they know they are being looked after - some even eat from the bucket - and they have never tried to jump out, the lambs are to die for, such gentle sheep, lovely.   Let me know how you get on ..... and good luck with the new lifestyle. ;)
Amanda (yes!) aka goosepimple
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:34:38 pm »
Please note these have now been sold to Deer Farm Park near Jedburgh.  Any enquiries for stock can be made to them, Jedburgh is very close to the border and is easily accessible from both sides.  Many thanks for all those who showed interest.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS