Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hi all,could someone help my poor sheep please?  (Read 14814 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Hi all,could someone help my poor sheep please?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 02:08:38 pm »
 :) :) :) :sheep: keep up the good work
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 02:30:40 pm »
Hurray  ;D

Madcow

• Joined Jan 2011
  • France
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 08:09:53 am »
these sheep really get to you dont they, you are showing real dedication and Gertie is putting up a good fight too, well done all round  :hshoe: :sheep:

Lilly54

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »
Thanks, I am realising that we still have a fair bit to go before she can be let out of her pen though. I was elated when she could stand and even more so when she took a couple of steps and I'd started to plan her release from her pen into the field but I see it's going to be a slower process than I'd thought. She's getting stronger and I've been collecting branches from her favourite bushes and hanging them up so she has to stand and eat. She's loving it  :)
Looking at her realistically I think it might be another week before I can safely let her out as she's still unsteady but providing nothing else major happens and she continues to improve, that day will come.
This is the first time I've dealt with TLD and from what I've seen, it's a very complicated condition to treat as it can lead to so many other problems like the hypocalcaemia, mastitis due to not feeding the lambs and the rumen problems as well as the weakness and tendon contractions of the legs.
It's been a roller coaster of highs and lows over the last couple of weeks but to see Gertie standing up tucking into her branches today has made it all worthwhile and I'm so looking forward to getting her out on grass with her friends  ;D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 01:24:26 pm »
If you have ivy that always seems to be welcome to the weaker ones and seems to increase there appetite for some strange reason.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS