Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Theives perth area  (Read 3617 times)

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
Theives perth area
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:33:44 am »
Just got this sent in an email.

WARNING!!! HORSE THIEVES IN PERTH AREA. Horses plaited at muirhall, gannochy and Kinfauns. Please spread the word. Yards to be on high alert. 24 hour supervision, strange number plates being noted and strange people being questioned. Please do the same and keep police informed.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Re: Theives perth area
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:06:23 pm »
Here we go again, every horse and pony owners nightmare.  :o >:(

marie

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 09:29:11 am »
There has been reports of horses going missing in our area as well. (Glossop) What they are doing is selecting a horse they want then watching when the owner is going to be around then tagging it in someway. Cutting main or tail or platting even putting a halter on it if they can, then in the night take it. That is what I have heard. So we are keeping a very close eye on ours. Watch out for anything not right about your horse such as mains and tail. Also they are cutting the paddlocks on the gates and tying them so they can get in. Some have gone from Manchester area in the last week. Some were taken and dumped where another was taken from. Also gypsy horses have been taken.

Coley

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 09:56:00 am »

Couple of times lately I have found chalk marks on my land gates, any ideas anyone?

AengusOg

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 10:21:47 am »
It's the usual run-up to Appleby Fair. All sorts of things go missing and will be sold there.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 03:43:42 pm »

Couple of times lately I have found chalk marks on my land gates, any ideas anyone?

Coley I do hope this is - and the odds are it is - something innocent, like a walking group leaving markers for each other or something.

I don't want to make light of a serious subject but I cannot resist repeating a joke my grandmother used to tell about two not so bright ne'er-do-wells who were arranging a meet.  "How will I know if you're there?" asked the first.  "Hmm," said the second, thinking for a moment.  "Well, if I get there first I'll put a chalk mark on the wall.  If you get there first, you rub it off."

Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Coley

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 10:00:12 am »

Coley I do hope this is - and the odds are it is - something innocent, like a walking group leaving markers for each other or something.

I don't want to make light of a serious subject but I cannot resist repeating a joke my grandmother used to tell about two not so bright ne'er-do-wells who were arranging a meet.  "How will I know if you're there?" asked the first.  "Hmm," said the second, thinking for a moment.  "Well, if I get there first I'll put a chalk mark on the wall.  If you get there first, you rub it off."

Hope so, trouble is my land is fairly isolated and though I am up there at least once a day the local pikeys have got a better intelligence system than MI5 however there is a bloke wanting to rent some grazing for his Welsh cobs so hopefully there will be an increased 'presence' up there, its bliddy murder when some scumbag is prepared to lift harrows, toppers etc for scrap >:(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS