Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hens wanted- Lincolnshire area!  (Read 8465 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Hens wanted- Lincolnshire area!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:06 pm »
The cat will be useful. Tabby will keep the bad little ratties away from the chicky wickies! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2009, 09:35:41 am »
I have arrived at this post a bit late, but have you tried shaun at outgate poultry. he will be getting loads of rescue birds in a week or two. perfect for your requirements i would think. ( i am not on commission from him, just thaught he was doing something worthwhile , rescueing chickens and providing a great freerange bird at a good price). i am getting some for us so I can sell a few eggs over the garden gate, and some for a family i know who want to start with a few free range hens for eggs and pleasure. ( which I think is the better part of the deal).
Our cat, boris, is getting on a bit now and sits watching the birds mooch around the garden, I think he enjoys the company. good luck :chook: :cat: :)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 09:43:40 am »
Look a\t the Battery hen welfare trust website for details of rehomings close to you. You make a donation of £1. per hen and will receive the friendliest hens imaginable who lay you huge eggs daily!! Now I am biased because I love my girls but have had most breeds and none compare to these, also of course you are doing a wonderful thing in offering these girls a home. All in all feel good factor is great as you tuck into your eggs at breakfast time!  :D :D :chook: :horse: :bouquet: :pig:
juliag

Rhyan & Melissa

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 10:35:24 am »
Hello!

Thank you all so much for your advice!

I will update you with progress as it happens.

Rhyan & Melissa

Pea Pod Burgundy Ltd

Blog:      www.peapodburgundy.blogspot.com/
Twitter:   www.twitter.com/peapodburgundy
Web:      www.peapodburgundy.co.uk

You can also find us on Facebook and Myspace!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS