Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Terracotta pots  (Read 3691 times)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
Terracotta pots
« on: January 28, 2009, 08:30:02 am »
Hi there, I am planning on painting terracotta pots , any ideas what varnish I should use to waterproof them? Also where to buy it from? Thankyou Julia  :)
juliag

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Terracotta pots
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 11:39:33 am »
If you are in Clackmannanshire the weekly crafts group - ClacksCrafts - has the first meeting tonight 7.30 in Clackmannan village hall.

Love to see anyone else in the area
Annie
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

stephen

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Kent
Re: Terracotta pots
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 12:18:50 pm »
when my sister and i were much younger my mum had us both out in the garden painting loads of teracotta pots that now house her vast hosta collection. we used left over pots of paint, some for inside, some masonary some gloss, the pots were very individual (we were about 11 and 14!) some of the pots still survive to this day 13 years on, some of the paint peeled off so the remaining pots are patchy now but most of the 'art work' out lived the pots that have crumbled badly!  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS