Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Jooles from Somerset  (Read 6240 times)

JOOLES

• Joined Jan 2009
Jooles from Somerset
« on: January 28, 2009, 04:36:14 pm »
I hope i got it right this time, i think i diddnt put something in the subject line.... ???

johnmac

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Perth
Re: Jooles from Somerset
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 04:53:49 pm »
Welcome on board..... Are you one of the lucky ones who has a few acres? Do you have any livestock? Tell all!!

I'm sure you'll get a warm welcome!

All the best,

John.  ;)

juliag

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Wanstrow somerset
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 09:23:29 pm »
Hi Jooles, we are also in Somerset, between Bruton and Frome.... whereabouts are you?  :)
juliag

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2009, 08:32:32 am »
Welcome hope to hear more soon

JOOLES

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2009, 02:51:41 pm »
Hi everyone and thankyou for all your lovely warm welcomes. Excellent names for the pooch, i will have to think of something.
 As for acres I'm afraid not, we have a moderately small garden. Sadly not big enough for chooks not even one, we do have a nice small pond tho that stocks frogs/toads and newts, which Benson and Misty are fascinated by, they never hurt them tho so this is good.
We are in Bridgwater so very near to Frome just a stones throw really.

Here is a total random question: Has anyone ever heard of a Tottenham cake and how to make it. My fella is a Spurs fan and i'd love to make it for him as a surprise. My mum was telling me about it, but she cant remember how to make it, said it was a long time ago when she last had it.
Its red/white and has coconut in it but she couldnt tell me alot else??????????? ::)

Hope everyone is having a fab day. xx

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 08:36:56 pm »
I just googled it and not even wikipedia could some up with anything!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 08:44:30 pm »
http://uptothehouse.wordpress.com/2008/04/19/tottenham-cake/

well at least there is a picture of it ....will look for a recipe..... ;D

Cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 08:54:18 pm »
That's just an ordinary sponge with bright pink icing.  I thought you meant it was something really different!  Sponge cake recipe is easy peasy - 3,3, 3 and 1
3 ozs butter
3 ozs flour
3 ozs caster sugar
1 egg

Beat sugar and butter till really pale and thick, beat egg and stir in with one tablespoon of flour to stop curdling, fold in flour(DO NOT BEAT), put in square cake tin and bake for 25 to 30 mins in pre-heated oven to 170c(350F).  When cake has shrunk from side of tin and is slightly brown on top, remove from tin and put on wire rack to cool.

Prepare bright pink icing per icing sugar pack instructions and lashings of bright pink food colouring, spread over your lovely sponge cake, cut into squares and tell everyone it's Tottenham Cake!

What are the Tottenham colours anyway?  Pink and white?  Maybe you could stripe the icing or make it a diagonal cross ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 09:04:49 pm »
we used to have tottenham cake at school , I remember it as just sponge cake with bright pink icing . Although I really did like it, it wasn't my favourite. My favourite was chocolate cake with what we all called white custard then ginger cake with the same white custard. My favourite dinner was cheese flan ...never had a cheese flan like it since . I loved the stuff....mmmm are my glasses getting a slight pinky tint to them ..????

cheers

Russ

JOOLES

• Joined Jan 2009
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »
Thanks for all advice, not as involved as i thought. Sponge cake i can do those with my eyes closed - so to speak- I do alot of cooking, one of my fav past times. So really straight forward then.

As for cheese flan, i loved this at school, not had it since. I used to really hope we would be having it at lunch, used to always have seconds when i was allowed.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 03:24:50 pm »
Hi from me in Brittany

Carole

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS