Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The Boys had their first walk on the lead.  (Read 1717 times)

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
The Boys had their first walk on the lead.
« on: May 06, 2011, 05:47:11 pm »
In anticipation of next weeks vets visit, we tried the boys out with their lead today. My hubby had made a double lead supposedly to make life easier for me. However, after todays adventure, we have abandoned that idea as everywhere Toby went, Billy had to go too, even though he didnt want to! They loved being up in the top field though, which is lush with dandelions as well as the bushes. Once up there, they were very reluctant to return home! We will venture a little further every day, as we are surrounded by farmland, so that Mummy can get some exercise as well as the boys getting some juicy leaves! Hubby has now made me 2 separate leads which should make things easier tomorrow.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: The Boys had their first walk on the lead.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 09:38:09 pm »
brilliant!
would love to see a photo of your boys out on their "jollies!"
Little Blue

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
Re: The Boys had their first walk on the lead.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 06:01:14 pm »
Took them out for their second jaunt. Getting their leads on was much easier today (once I'd caught Billy of course!)and once we were out of their paddock, they knew exactly where they were going and headed off at 90 miles an hour. I was hanging on to Bill's lead for dear life, OH had Toby's and was just about keeping up despite his bad back!
They were particularly partial to the wild rose bushes and my forsythia!
This time, we had to pick them up and carry them to their house as they didnt want to go back.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS