Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 7 chickens and a rooster - Lanarkshire  (Read 1648 times)

HappyHippy

7 chickens and a rooster - Lanarkshire
« on: May 23, 2011, 10:58:28 am »
After losing the battle with rats in my garden (and finding one in the house last night  :o) I've made the decision to stop keeping poultry.
I have 1 Light sussex rooster (Rocky) one year old, nice boy, not aggressive at all and not that loud a crower  ;)
2 x Cuckoo marans - 1 year old
4 x Harmony blue chickens (this is just what they were called at the mart) they are this years hatch and have strated laying lovely light coloured eggs
1 x little brown hen  ??? Not sure of the breed, almost 2 and still laying well.

I also have a large galvanised feeder with rain cover and a smaller plastic drinker, an almost full tub of Vermex, and almost full 20Kg bag of layers pellets and maybe some other bits and pieces (will have to have a check)

I have also reserved 6 hubbards and 3 turkeys that are being incubated as we speak, so they'll be available too, if anyone wants them.

I'm asking £100 for the full lot, or £70 for all the laying chickens - but if you take the chooks, Rocky has to go with them.
Pm me or email kkjmckay@aol.com
Thanks,
Karen x

robert waddell

Re: 7 chickens and a rooster - Lanarkshire
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 11:22:45 am »
sorry to here of your plight          but any food source IE the veg the pigs are getting will sustain them         it is unusual to have them enter the house at this time of year   OR THEY ARE BETTER AT PREDICTING THE WEATHER THAN THE BBC or there bredding ground has been disturbed
now i do not like the forkers and any means to there end is justified and it would surprise you just where they can get to  quick drying cement any tiny holes and i mean tiny cement them up        instead of a barn building day      you will need to have a rat hunt night  :farmer:

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
Re: 7 chickens and a rooster - Lanarkshire
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 01:07:05 pm »
No accommodation still and no cockerel space here sadly, so I can't help but hope you don't give up - if rats are going to be there anyway why not just get a JRT team or ferret man in to get rid and keep the chucks..

Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS