Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: My mitre saw - nicked from Cardigan  (Read 4048 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
My mitre saw - nicked from Cardigan
« on: May 03, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »
Some ****ers have just nicked my £600 Bosch Mitre Saw from Cardigan overnight from a house I am working on - if anyone in the area gets offered it - gis a PM please?

No distinguishing marks as it was new - although it wont have the dustbag as they dropped it on the stairs.

Bloody lot to buy that - a bit pissed off to say the least.

Baz
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:06:52 pm by bazzais »

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
Re: My mitre saw - nicked from Cardigan
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:48 pm »
I am only 5 miles from Llandysul .. so will ask about round here too... don't hold your breath though mate ... very rarely does anything ever turn up again .... hire big tools for onsite work in future, is the only advise I give mate . Keep your own stuff at home ...it 'may' ? be a bit safer there .

cheers

Russ

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 04:06:29 pm »
Yeah the police were brilliant but we all had a good long conversation about how crap the service is becoming and how overworked and understaffed they were. (this was them talking!!)

Sending rookies out on their own first shift in.  All the police cars being knackered and only having one for the day.  Daytime police cover is at an all time low with only two working within an hours drive either way. - I mean the risk assessment for opening the delivery door of any large store is too have two people present for safety yet they think its OK to send coppers out in singles!?! wtf Especially bad if you've got no radio because of the terrain your in.

The fingerprint guy said his job was going to be 'outsourced' after 7 years of experience in the job to an outside private company - saving the force just 4 grand a year.

They did say it would be more luck than anything if I ever got the equipment back, brutal and hosest - a nice approach and thats not sarcasm as I already know this.

Considering the police service is a fair whack of my council tax + its government funded directly I feel for for the money We are all getting ripped off here, the point in a democracy is for the democratically elected to be able to keep hold of the laws that are passed.  I dont want anarchy on a large scale between people I dont know - cos I aint the biggest or the fittest!!

There is nothing you can really do if someone wants to take something I spose - other than be insured upto the hilt. Trouble is if I claimed for everything I had insured and was nicked, damaged or broken - I'd never get another policy again. They have you over a barrel either way you look.

I'm gutted, but somewhat glad that it was my gear and not the builders stuff that was stolen - those boys work fecking hard for me - trouble is all they have is a handsaw now, so its going to be worse for them now.

Found a few tools like a reproc saw and a box in a hedge nearby so thats a bonus I spose - they just took the expensive saw and kicked the back door frame out the wall.

Havnt been 'broken into' for a while now, had stuff nicked or go missing but not actually breaking in.  Makes you feel like a right prick for leaving it in there.

In the end though it could have been worse - could have been squatters.

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 10:23:14 pm »
I purchased a Dremmel  type rotary tool that has an engraving set of heads .
One week I sat down and engraved all my  tools with " Stolen from Dave Gould " with my post code several times on all sorts of places and photographed each location with a full piccy of the complete item , then then bunged the piccies on to a DVD copied it to two more ... each of my bro's now have a DVDd copy  and I also have one for their gear. ( the beauty of digi camera's and PC's )

The engraved letters & numbers have been well worked into with a UV pen ..I used a pack of 10  pens on the first session to fill all the letters & numbers .

The thing a thief hates is losing their faceless anonymity and getting caught red handed . It's easy to say the name on the driving licence / insurance registered keeper etc , but a lot more difficult to get a copper or prospective buyer to believe a different set of post codes and the words " Stolen from Gould Gould  etc.

Now everything is so marked its a piece of cake to mark up any new stuff .

Yes I know if someone steals my things they will take it regardless but my intention is to make everything as worthless as I can to the thief and a big liability to have in their posession.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:26:23 pm by Plantoid »
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 02:02:00 pm »
I bought a dremel thing last week to cut a stench pipe that I couldnt quite get too without alot of digging.

Great idea - I think I'll engrave all mine too.

My grandad when he bought me my first set of spanners got me out in the garage and puched them all with a center punch - he said that no-one would be able to claim them out in the garage after you point out the markings. I should have listened to him more and remembered.

Baz

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
Baz, thats such a ****** !!

we had our front gates nicked from the side of the house - off being sanded & repainted ... the police came 3 days later, then returned the following week to ask the neighbours if they'd seen anything!  (we're the ones with a german shepherd & security cameras!!)

a mitre saw that expensive - ? worth claiming on the insurance?  s'pose it depends on the excess....
Little Blue

robert waddell

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:31:33 pm »
a theft is a theft irrespective of the value        i had £6000 worth of digger buckets stolen       name welded into the buckets plod not interested   and had to give them photos just so they knew what not to look for       i was lucky insurance paid out in full

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 09:31:47 pm »

Someone came along in the middle of the day and stole a whole load of old trawl doors from our harbour a few month ago.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS